A recent article on totalbeauty.com listed some of the top skin care trends of 2013. Check out a few of them below, and think about giving one a try! You might just find a new staple in your skin care routine.
- Sleep Masks: These are face masks that go on your face over your current products when you go to bed. They penetrate deeply because they are on for so many hours.
- Recommended: Dr. Jart Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask
- BB Creams for people with oily skin: You may remember our BB cream post earlier this year. Well, BB creams are still going strong and the latest trend is specially formulated BB creams for oily skin.
- Recommended: Dr. Brandt BB Matte
- CC Creams: These are similar to BB creams, but offer a more luminizing or brightening effect. They still offer coverage, but often less than BB creams.
- Recommended: Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30
- Tinted Sunscreen: Tired of sunscreens leaving a chalky, grayish, white looking cast on your face? Tinted sunscreens are supposed to fix that problem by having a subtle tint that works with your skin tone to blend in more evenly than a traditional sunscreen.
- Recommended: Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV Protector SPF 43
- Pumped Up Self Tanner: Self tanner with added brightening or anti-aging benefits is becoming more and more popular. It’s premium skin care with an added benefit of a bronzy glow.
- Recommended: Philosophy Here Comes the Sun Age-Defense Gradual Glow Self-Tanner for Face.
- Skin Care for the Body: Body skin care is popping up more and more frequently, with more intense moisturizers and anti-aging benefits added.
- Recommended: Say Yes to Grapefruit Spot Correcting Body Cream, or our own award-winning Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream
- Exotic Oils: A recent trend in the beauty industries has been Argan oil in everything from skin care to hair care, but the newest oil is Marula oil. Hailing from Africa, this oil is also great for your skin and can be found in several new products.
- Recommended: Fiafini Delicate Cleansing Emulsion
- In-office Procedures that Take No Recovery Time: With these emerging treatments, you can get back out enjoying life as soon as possible.
If you want to read more or get further product recommendations, check out the article on totalbeauty.com:
Written by Jessica, intern.