Is your skin feeling parched due to the season changing? As we move through winter our skin starts to feel drier than in the summer months.
Here are some tips to keep your skin hydrated.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser or soap free cleanser to help reduce that tight, stripped feeling after washing.
- Do not use scalding hot water to wash or rinse face.
- Use exfoliators to help with dead skin and cell removal but don’ be overly aggressive. Some exfoliators are manual using the pressure of your hands.
- Moisturize daily with a cream that is suitable for your skin type. If you have normal to dry or sensitive skin try Apothederm Moisturizing Cream.
- If your cream does not seem to be doing the trick and you need more hydration, try adding a few drops of squalane or another oil to your cream in your hands and blend prior to applying to skin. This will provide an added boost when your skin needs it.
- Use a mask that calls out it is for hydration or moisturizing and has ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, shea butter or others.