Are you struggling with dry skin this winter? When the temperatures drop, the moisture content in your skin does as well. Here are some tips for providing relief to dry skin from winter weather.
- Wash your face with tepid water. Do not use hot water when washing or rinsing face. By avoiding hot water for washing face and taking showers, your skin overall will feel less tight and dry.
- Select products that are moisturizing. When looking at body wash or facial cleansers, focus on product descriptions that use moisturizing or hydrating on the label. Here are ingredients that are moisturizing to look for on labels: shea butter, glycerin, sodium hyaluronate and vitamin E.
- Pat dry your skin. Do not rub your skin and this can help reduce irritation.
- Apply facial serums and creams to skin when still damp.
- Add a facial oil, like argan oil to the palm of your hand and mix it with your favorite cream. By combining the two, you can boost the hydration in your cream when it does not seem to be doing its job.
- If you are going out in the cold, consider grabbing a scarf to protect your face from cold wind. Pull hats over ears to protect the lobes and delicate skin on the ears.
- Always wear gloves to protect your hands from cold weather and when indoors apply moisturizer. This will help with cuticles and tearing during winter weather.
- Drink water. Keep your body hydrated during the cold of winter – it is good every day all year long.
Apothederm Skin Care developed products specifically for dry, aging skin. Our Anti-Aging Skin Care System includes 4 products to nourishes, replenishes, and firms skin, while helping to reduce visible signs of aging. This system is easy to follow and use daily to help with dry skin this winter.