We all know we have to do it – spring cleaning. It’s that time of the year when we get rid of the clutter around the house, wash the windows, arrange our closets, and perform a hundred other tasks that are involved in this yearly ritual. However, some of us are neglecting to add another task to that list of chores. Some of us are forgetting that as we emerge from the cocoon of winter, it is also necessary to adjust our skincare routine for the season and to do a little dermal spring cleaning. Here are some tips for adjusting your skincare regimen for the spring.
- Organize your beauty products: Just as you would organize your closet to make accessing your clothes a more efficient process, take this transition between seasons as an opportunity to place the products you use most often within easy reach.
- Continue to moisturize: Everyone knows that the winter season can have a drying effect on the skin and thus many people incorporate heavier moisturizers and balms into their beauty routine. However, simply because spring weather is more humid than winter does not mean that we drop our moisturizing cleanser from our daily routine. It is particularly the case that people with dry skin should continue to moisturize.
- Use cleansers containing glycolic acids: Many dermatologist recommend incorporating products that contain glycolic acids into your daily skin cleaning routine. Glycolic acids cleanse your skin without robbing it of essentials oils needed to protect and moisturize your skin.
- Don’t forget products with UV protection: Springtime means more sunny days are ahead for all of us and more sun means greater exposure to damaging ultraviolet rays. These rays can harm the skin and cause cancer in some instances. Remember to carefully note the SPF number of your favorite skincare products.
- Apply stretch marks cream: Sun exposure can cause your stretch marks to be more noticeable. Moreover, the sun’s rays can actually weaken the skin. Use stretch mark creams to help minimize the appearance of this inconvenient condition.
Springtime has finally arrived which means that many of us will wear less clothing as the temperatures rise. Protect your skin and project the best you possible by adjusting your skincare routine to accommodate the change in seasons. We can help you make the adjustment with a whole array of products that you can add to your beauty routine and that will improve your overall appearance and skin health.