Underneath the makeup, perfect lighting and plastic surgery, those people who we hold to an unrealistic standard of beauty are human too. I am referring to celebrities who we too often believe are flawless in every way especially in appearance. But the truth is that celebrities are afflicted with some of the same cosmetic imperfections that plague us ordinary people. Acne, for example, is a condition that a number of prominent celebrities battle daily. Here are some celebrities who suffer with acne along with information on how they cope with this frustrating skin condition.
- Katy Perry: It may come as no surprise that this record breaking pop star suffers from acne as she has been featured in a number of ads where she recalls her acne-filled teen years. She regularly applies acne cream and acne cleanser as a part of her beauty routine. She has also recently revealed that exfoliants and toners are a part of her beauty regime as well.
- Alicia Keys: This amazingly talented and beautiful musician/singer is one of the most gifted artists in the world. She, however, by her own admission constantly struggles with acne although in recent years she seems to have the problem under control.
- Kate Bosworth: “You’ll have issues with your skin and your body, and you just have to find the things that will help you balance everything out,” Bosworth said in a recent interview. This Superman Returns star uses acne cleansers and creams to manage acne outbreaks.
- Miley Cyrus: Unlike some of the other stars on this list, Cyrus has the distinction of having grown up on TV. This, she has revealed, has made her even more conscious of her acne prone skin. As she has grown into an adult, Cyrus has become less self-conscious about her condition and even posts selfies online making fun of her zits.
- Kristen Stewart: This Twilight star still struggles with acne and has done so since her teen years.
- Chrissy Teigen: This model’s battle with mild cystic acne came about as a result of her recent pregnancy which according to dermatologists is a common cause of skin conditions.
- Emma Stone: This fair-skinned actress has suffered from hormonal acne since the age of 17 and as she has said in a recent interview, “I realized how debilitating and embarrassing it can be to have cystic acne.” Stone has even admitted to “dabbling” with cortisone shots in the past to control her acne.
According to the Journal of American Academy of Dermatology, 40% – 55% of people age 20-40 suffer from some form of acne. And although people who suffer from this embarrassing skin condition may feel that they are alone, they are not. As we have shown, many successful people have overcome this condition and simply adapted their skin care regime to control acne. We have many products that can help you mange acne and other skin conditions.