This spring has caused a surge of activity in the office. We all have some sort of goal that we are trying to reach and most have to do with our health. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to share our favorite fitness activity trackers and what we like best about them. It is based on personal preference and depends on what you are looking to achieve, monitor and spend.
FitBit Alta HR Activity Tracker
- Heart rate monitor and pedometer with interchangeable wrist straps. Steps, calories, distance.
- Tracks heartrate, sleep and well-being. Tracks exercise with auto exercise recognition called SmartTrack.
- Small and narrow for wrist.
- Tap screen to activate/turn on.
- 7 day battery.
- Included: FitBit Alta HR, wireless sync, charging cord and manual.
- 1 year warranty.
- Note: No workout or GPS.
- Cost is $149.95, buy it here.
Garmin VivoSmart 3 Activity Tracker
- Tracks breathing and offers stress relief programs.
- Tracks sleeps, calories, exercise and 24/7 heart rate. Follows workouts and the offers training monitoring.
- Includes altimeter and weather feature.
- Water resistant for showering and swimming.
- Note: No interchangeable wrist straps but available in black or purple.
- Uses Garmin Connect Mobile App.
- Included: Garmin VivoSmart 3, charging cord and manual.
- Battery life is 5 days.
- Cost is $140.00, buy it here.
Leaf Bellabeat Activity Tracker
- Monitors sleep, activity tracking, stress levels, menstrual cycles and includes meditation.
- No screen only feminine design. Bellabeat app features all the information in one location for easy viewing and tracking of day.
- Water resistant from wood composite and stainless steel design. (Note: that the Leaf Nature is splash proof.)
- Can be worn as a bracelet, necklace or clip on to clothing. Very versatile and feminine.
- Uses a coin cell battery that lasts 6 months. No charging needed.
- 14 day memory and is compatible with Android and IOs.
- Includes: device, necklace, wrist band and clip. As well as battery changing tool and instruction manual.
- 12 month warranty.
- $119 to $199 depending on style and size. The Urban is slightly smaller than the Nature and other fitness activity trackers available at Bellabeat.
Fitness Log – Old school.
For those who are not into wearing fitness activity trackers but want to test yourself based on your own knowledge, this is the traditional way and works just as good.
To figure out your heart rate:
- Take your pulse before, during and after your workout. Take your pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4.
- Here is a link with instructions, here.
To figure out your steps:
- Measuring your stride and then calculating the time you walk of a known distance and divide the distance by your stride (or step) to act as an “old school” pedometer. If you are trying to increase your calorie burn then do the same distance and do it in fewer minutes to increase your energy burn.
- $0 cost
- No apps available besides the calculator on your phone.
Share below your favorite fitness activity tracker. We would love to hear what you think.