Makeup tips – There are many wonderful things about summer. There are the beach parties, barbecues, amusement parks, outdoor concerts and the even the simple pleasure of sitting outside on warm nights and star gazing. However, one of the not so pleasant things about warmer weather is the havoc it can wreak on your skin and makeup. Summer weather can damage skin and cause makeup to melt, eyeliner to smear and lipstick to become sticky. Two of the products we sell at Apothederm that can help to battle warm weather’s effect on the skin is our anti-aging eye cream and our anti-aging face cream. Both creams moisturize and give your skin a measure of protection against the hostile rays of the sun. But what are some other ways to adjust your beauty routine to the summer heat?
- Apply your makeup sparingly: A full face of makeup can be hot and can therefore quickly begin to run, smear and become sticky. Try to be strategic in the application of your makeup during the summer months and be sure to use a powder foundation.
- Go waterproof: Try waterproof mascaras and other beauty products that resist the summer heat. This will stop your makeup from running during the hottest, most humid days of the summer.
- Carry blotting papers: Eliminate excessive shine by carrying a pack of blotters with you to blotch up the T-zone.
- Keep makeup in the fridge: Pop your makeup into the fridge. This will make it last longer and go on better. Excessive heat can ruin your cosmetics – especially nail polish – and change its consistency.
- Modify your cleansing routine: Use cold water to clean your skin and cool it down before using a deep cleanser. Makeup, sweat, blackheads and pores can cause acne and similar skin conditions during the summer so we advise that you use a product such as our Brightening Cleanser. It hydrates and exfoliates the skin.
- Remember to exfoliate: Dirt and oils clog the skin. This is why it is important to continue exfoliating your skin during the summer.
- Use skincare products with UV protection: Check the SPF of all your skincare and makeup products and be sure to wear protection even on the cooler days of summer as UV levels can still be quite high.
- Use cooling face masks: Place a face mask in the fridge and apply it after washing and exfoliating the skin.
In short, you can mitigate some of the damage that summer causes to your skin and your makeup by slightly modifying your beauty regime. Spare yourself the discomfort of melting makeup, smeared eyeliner and sticky lipstick by following the above tips. This way you will be able to look and feel good while participating in your favorite summer activities.