Travel can take a toll on your skin. Airplane cabins lack humidity and combine that with the changes in weather, dry air in hotel rooms and increased use of heating and in less than 24 hours your skin will be crying for help. Here are some survival tips:
Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
- Be sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after your flight. While alcohol can
be dehydrating, go ahead and have that glass of champagne – after all, it is the holiday season!
- Spritz during flights. Evian Mineral Water Facial spray is a good option or make your own by filing a purse-sized spray bottle with water. You’ll be surprised that it not only helps your skin but you’ll breathe easier, too!
- Hotel rooms can be very dry – fill your ice bucket with hot water and place by your bedside to add humidity to the environment.
- Use skin nurturing and deep hydrating products morning & evening to help protect your skin.
Long Haul Flights
Consider the fresh face, no make-up on approach. Yes, this is shocking, but so very practical and you can get yourself together before landing or while you wait for luggage
- Start with a clean face, then layer on a serum followed by a generous amount of moisturizer. Then add a light application of Apothederm Argan Oil as a final layer to lock in moisture. Argan oil is also great for your lips, too.
- Keep a small stash of essential skin care items in your hand luggage. (Remember the TSA 3oz/100ml restrictions.) Apothederm Deluxe Skin Care Set has the perfect assortment of products for on the go travel. Add a toothbrush, a small tube of toothpaste and some facial wipes, and you will be ready for anything!
- Yes, static does happen! This incredible nuisance can be reduced by rubbing a few drops of argan oil between your hands and then running your hands down your hair and especially focusing at the dry ends.
Don’t forget to have your Emergency Gifts ready!
Did you forget a friend or need a last minute hostess gift? Apothederm Body Prep Scrub is perfect for a little holiday pampering – put it in a little basket and add a votive candle for a lovely gift set. And the Apothederm Anti-Aging Skin Care System is another good gift option.
What are some of your favorite travel tips?