Yoga must haves and essentials for beginners and beyond. Yoga can be very relaxing and a great way to help increase flexibility and strength. It will depend on what type of class you are attending whether it is hatha, vinyasa, bikram or other options can define what you need. We recommend trying different classes to locate one that works for you and what benefits you are trying to achieve.
- Arrive 20 to 30 minutes early to your first class. This will give you time to see where you will place your items as well as get a spot in the studio for your mat.
- Bring appropriate clothes to change into before the class starts. This would be movable clothes that are easy to bend and stretch in. See our examples below.
- Cleanse your face or remove make-up to help avoid breakouts later on. Bring a headband that will help keep your hair in place and off your face.
- Stay hydrated during the day and bring water to your class with you. It is also a good idea to remember to eat balanced meals during the day but also to avoid eating 2 hours before class.
- Get a yoga mat to roll out on the floor and cover it with a yoga towel or another towel to help keep your stance without slipping. If you are attending a bikram or other type of hot yoga class, we recommend bringing a second smaller towel to use on your face and neck during the class.
- As you are entering the class, pay attention to any rules posted. These are usually easily viewable and are there for everyone to follow. One of the common rules is to not talk to others while in class and also to listen to your body. If at any time you need to beak, just lay down on your mat on your back or go into child’s pose.
$13 – selfridges.com
$115 – nordstrom.com
$38 – designersguild.com